What the heck does "Nova" mean?
In 1912, a massive explosion in the Katmai cluster of Volcanoes on the Alaskan Peninsula resulted in a new volcano. Today, both the event and the volcano are known as “Novarupta” (Latin for new eruption). The WOLFE Nova model derives its name from that epic event.
“There are over 130 volcanoes in my home state of Alaska. Every model in our Amarok Collection of goggles is inspired by an Alaskan event or natural monument, and in this case, both. The name, ‘Nova,’ is a tribute to the substantial role volcanoes have played in Alaska’s history and culture.” -Michael Wolfe, owner of Wolfe Goggles
You may notice that every goggle in the Amarok collection is related to Alaska. Our owner, Michael Wolfe, moved to Alaska as a baby and was raised in the southcentral town of Chugiak. His great love for Alaska inspired a deliberate effort to celebrate the unique qualities of each model with a name that is symbolic of its strengths and design. The word Amarok is Wolf in Inuit.
- Frame Color: Black
- Lens Color: Red
- Strap Color: 1 Black, 1 White
- 1 Mircofiber Storage Bag
- Branded Wolfe Goggles box
Frame & Fit
- Frameless design enhances your field of vision.
- Dual-layer foam with a third layer of soft fleece for ultimate comfort.
- Glasses Compatible.
- Helmet Compatible.
- Adjustable strap to fit any size head to helmet.
- Woven logo on stretch microfiber strap with wavy silicone grip for a firm fit.
- Detachable/replaceable strap allows for easy premium-strap upgrades.
- POLARIZED red/yellow lens perfect for both low and high-light conditions.
- 100% UV protection keeps those pesky high-altitude UV rays from doing any damage to your eyes.
- Simple to use rotating clips for quick and easy lens swapping.
- Frameless design and an ultra wide-angle spherical lens.